Traditions

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Taking a Breather

What I love about Sarah Young’s devotion “Jesus Calling” is that for those of us who are constantly on the go, it’s a chance to take a breather and be reminded of what’s truly important. Praying for more days full of stillness so I can treasure my God’s goodness. Here’s the February 10 entry:

Trust me enough to spend ample time with Me, pushing back the demands of the day. Refuse to feel guilty about something that is so pleasing to Me, the King of the universe. Because I am omnipotent, I am able to bend time and events in your favor. You will find that you can accomplish more in less time after you have given yourself to Me in rich communion. Also, as you align yourself with My perspective, you can sort out what is important and what is not.

Don’t fall into the trap of being constantly on the go. Many, many things people do in My Name have no value in My kingdom. To avoid doing meaningless works, stay in continual communication with Me. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.

Luke 10:41-42 But the Lord answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.”

Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.

*bold added by me for the things that stood out to me*

No comments:

Post a Comment