· Isaiah 62:4-5. It will no longer be said to you, “Forsaken,” Nor to your land will it any longer be said, “Desolate”; but you will be called, “My delight is in her,” and your land, “Married”; for the Lord delights in you…And as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so your God will rejoice over you. Definitely one of my favorite passages in the Bible.
· Zephaniah 3:17. The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.
· Psalm 145:9. The Lord is good to all, and His mercy is over all that He has made.
· Isaiah 43:1,4. But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel, ‘Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! Since you are precious in My sight, since you are honored and I love you, I will give other men in your place and other peoples in exchange for your life.’
· Deuteronomy 30:9-10. Then the Lord your God will prosper you abundantly in all the work of your hand, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your cattle and in the produce of your ground, for the Lord will again rejoice over you for good, just as He rejoiced over your fathers; if you obey the Lord your God to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this book of the law, if you turn to the Lord your God with all your heart and soul.
· Psalm 147:11. The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him, in those who hope in His steadfast love.
· 1 Peter 5:6-7. Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.
· John 17:13 (Jesus praying for us…gets me every time). “But now I come to You; and these things I speak in the world so that they may have My joy made full in themselves.” Jesus knows that the ultimate Joy is Himself, and so He wishes that we would have that Joy. It's beautiful how much He loves us.
If y’all know other verses that talk about God delighting in us, please feel free to share them in the comments. Happy Wednesday!