Traditions

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 3: Church Family

Four years. That’s how long my family and I have been members of our wonderful church. I don’t deserve the body of believers the Lord has blessed me with. I am constantly being hit with an avalanche of love, and every time I am with them, they continually demonstrate the Lord’s grace and mercy. At the moment, writing this, I’m having a hard time thinking of words to say that would sufficiently express my gratitude. I’m so blessed.

Lake Placid Mission Trip: 2011
To all the church leaders who have impacted my life: Thank you. Whether we went on a mission trip together or merely chatted at the end of service, thank you for your continual display of the Lord’s love. Your smiles always brighten my day! When you see people, you don’t just see them, you see them, and recognize them either as brothers/sisters in Christ or as someone who is lost, who desperately needs what you have. Whether we are very close or mere acquaintances, so many of you have taught me what it means to make disciples and genuinely care for others. I wouldn’t trade that gift for the world. Thank you!
To my Pastor: Thank you so much for loving my family. My father treasures your friendship, and we all appreciate your prayers so much. Your admiration and devotion to the Lord is so inspiring...thank you for letting the Lord speak through you – not just at the pulpit on Sunday mornings, but in every little thing you do.

To the small group leaders I’ve had in the past and the ones I have now: Your devotion to us is really incredible, and I can’t thank you enough. I’ve learned so much from all of you and am happy to learn even more in the future. Your wisdom and love of the Word is so encouraging! Thank you for your service, your prayers, and your love.
To my Youth Pastor and his wife: Alright…now the tears are starting to come – shocker ;) I don’t even know how to thank you two. You both have played such a vital part in my life and I hope that when I grow up I will have a little bit of a mixture of both of you in me J You both are such awesome examples of obedience, and words can’t describe how grateful I am for how much you love our youth group. The Lord has used both of you in such mighty ways – I know at least in my spiritual walk with the Lord. Thank you for speaking Truth to us and praying for us. Thank you for always pushing us to be the best we can be – especially the seniors. I know we shouldn’t want to please man…but I hope that by the end of the year the seniors have made you proud! Oh, and thank you for introducing me to chacos!

To my fellow seniors: It’s been an awesome four years! (So far…it’s not over yet!) Thank you for welcoming me into your “clan”, you guys are such a funny, crazy bunch and you’ve rubbed off a little bit on me J To my senior girls: I love you ladies so much. From day 1 you accepted me as if we had been friends for years, and now it feels as if I’ve known you all my life! Each of you has a special place in my heart and I know that God has some awesome plans for each of you. We’ve done some stupid things together but we’ve also done some amazing things…all by the Lord’s grace. Through every tear and every crazy laughing fit, the Lord has gradually knit our hearts together. It’s been so great watching each of you start to grow into the woman God wants you to be…I sincerely hope we can continue that journey together! Thank you ladies for your prayers, your laughs, your craziness, and your love.
El Salvador Mission Trip 2012
 
Together…We sing. We work. We witness. We pray. We serve. We love.

Thank you for letting me be a part of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment