Traditions

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Enjoying the Small Things

I don't know about all of you, but it's been a roller coaster of a week for me. The transition into the school year has been a bit harder for me this year than it has been in the past, and so this week was a bit stressful. Still lots of laughs and good times, but…stressful. But I had to keep reminding myself, that any stress I have, I have placed it on myself. It’s my own doing. Sometimes that's hard for me to fully understand. When I step back and look at the thing I'm so stressed about, it's really not that bad. And if I’m really trusting in the Lord like I claim to, then why do I get stressed out? I think that’s something all Christians struggle with. Completely surrendering your worries and cares and just letting God take care of them in His own sovereign way. God is sovereign. That’s such an encouragement.

Anyways, this isn’t a deep post or anything, I just felt led to encourage anyone who reads this to trust in the Lord, don’t stress, and enjoy the small things. When I got home from school, I desperately wanted to isolate myself and get alone with God. I haven’t spent a lot of time with Him this week, and, honestly, I was missing Him (even though I know He’s always there with me, even if I don’t feel like He is). I wanted to sit on the swing outside that’s on our porch, but no one has used it in a very long time, so it was covered in cobwebs and…well…who knows what else. But before I went back inside to relocate, I noticed that the flowers by our mailbox had bloomed very nicely. The sun was bright, and visually it was just really nice. As I looked at these tiny glimpses of God’s creativity and glory, I was reminded of how God puts these small things in our path, so that we might see them, enjoy them, and recognize them as a gift – a piece of Himself. Just a glimpse of how sweet and beautiful He is. Rejoice in the Creator of the small things.

Philippians 4:4-7


No comments:

Post a Comment