Traditions

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Scorched Places

I love how God reveals things; I found this the other day and thought it contributed very nicely to the “Waiting in the Desert” theme:

Yet they seek Me day by day and delight to know My ways,
As a nation that has done righteousness
And has not forsaken the ordinance of their God.
They ask Me for just decisions,
They delight in the nearness of God.

And the Lord will continually guide you,
And satisfy your desire in scorched places,
And give strength to your bones;
And you will be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.

-Isaiah 58:2, 11; LOVE.IT.

Let us seek God and delight in His ways.
Let us delight being near God.
Let us allow the Lord to be our Guide.
Let us allow Him to satisfy us in our scorched places.
Let us allow Him to fill us with unfailing, living water.

And a reminder for all of us for tomorrow: let us keep the Sabbath holy, and to not delight in ourselves, but in the Lord, and who He is.

If because of the Sabbath, you turn your foot
From doing your own pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight, the holy day of the Lord honorable,
And honor it, desisting from your own ways,
From seeking your own pleasure
And speaking your own word,
Then you will take delight in the Lord,
And I will make you ride on the heights of the earth;
And I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father,
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
-Isaiah 58:13-14
Let us honor God’s holy day, so that we may rest in Him.
Let us not seek pleasure in things of the world, but of the Lord.
He is the Living Water in our scorched places.

When You said, “Seek My face,” my heart said to You,
“Your face, O Lord, I shall seek.”
-Psalm 27:8
 

 
The ocean always reminds me of the Lord's goodness; the Living Water.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment