Traditions

Saturday, September 15, 2012

"The Work of His Hands": God's Faithfulness

I couldn’t have had a more perfect Saturday morning. I spent the first bit joining with some kids from school in doing some community service (which always feels good) and then spent the next few hours having fellowship with a dear friend over some iced Chai (YUM) at Starbucks.

A little side note: cherish your friends who are in love with the Lord; this friend of mine definitely is. She has that “gentle and quiet spirit” talked about in 1 Peter 3:4, and every time we get together, we have sweet moments of relishing in God’s goodness. She’s a doll, and I’m above and beyond grateful for her.

Anyway, we were talking about how neither of us- or anyone else we knew at school- had had a pleasant week. It was just very rocky for all of us, with various stresses smacking us during the week.

And that’s where God entered the conversation. And I’m very glad He did.

I told my friend how I had noticed that throughout the week, every single morning and every single evening, there was a beautiful sunrise and an even more beautiful sunset. I can’t remember the last time that happened- where every single day, there was a beauty awaiting me, whether I was driving to school or driving home. Even the clouds blew me away.

And that’s where God whispered, “That was all Me. I am constant. I am never-changing. I am everlasting. Though your week was full of stress, doubt, and wavering emotions- I stayed the same. I never left your side, and I never will. I displayed My faithfulness through the work of My hands: through the skies.”

When I shared this with my friend, for a few moments we couldn’t contain our smiles- God had been so faithful, and it was so joyous to recognize it. We didn’t just savor in what He had done, but in who He is.

The Lord is faithful.
The heavens are telling the glory of God; and their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
–Psalm 19:1
 
The Lord is slow to anger and great in power, and the Lord will by no means leave the guilty unpunished. In whirlwind and storm is His way, and clouds are the dust beneath His feet.
-Nahum 1:3
They who dwell in the ends of the earth stand in awe of Your signs; You make the dawn and the sunset shout for joy. –Psalm 65:8
Taken at around 8am today. So lovely to start the day with.




This is actually from last year, but still- look at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment